Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Vintage Sheet rag quilt

This is the first quilt I've ever made.  I have to say I am very proud of it considering it was a spur of the momment idea.  It's made completly out of thrift store vintage sheets and vintage aprons that belonged to my grandmother.  I finished the quilt around the 1st of December but I'm just now getting around to blogging about it.  I hope yall like it, I plan on making more quilts in the future maybe some more complicated ones considering this one was pretty easy.





Happy Crafting!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Hi! Your quilt looks great, so bright and cheerful and probably nice and soft. I've been saving old jeans and corduroys to make that same type of rag quilt, but maybe I'll try it with the vintage sheets I have first. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Longvacation!! It is very soft and great to snuggle under. I'm actually planning on making my next one out of old jeans that I've been saving. I'm probably going to use flannel in between the squares on that one so that it will be a little thicker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is beautiful! I've always wanted to get into making quilts...love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sooo gorgeous! I bet it feels like a dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt!!! Such happy & uplifting colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allison, It is beautiful, do you have a general pattern you followed? I want to make one of these but since I have never done a quilt before I would like to have more information on how to do a rag quilt.

    Thank you, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. replica bags philippines greenhills Homepage e8i79l1e42 replica bags pakistan replica bags philippines gucci replica handbags s3a29g5e19 replica bags philippines greenhills joy replica bags review replica hermes bags z4m08y8i38 replica kipling bags

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...