Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

I hit the mother load of vintage sheets during my thrifting excursion this week!!!  If you've ever gone thrifting for vintage sheets then you know that it's not always a success.  I have to admit sometimes it gets a little discouraging, but I keep going because when I have days like this one it's all worth it!!

These first 2 are complete sets (queen size fitted sheet, flat sheet and 2 pillow cases)
This one is a full sized fitted sheet............

This is a full sized fitted sheet and a pillow case.......

This is a very large round table cloth that is actually 2 pieces sewn together.........

This one is a king sized fitted sheet there was a flat sheet that matched it, but it was thread bear in a few places and stained so it has been put to use as dusting rags...............

This one is a queen sized fitted sheet.............
Now these 2 are not vintage, but I have big BIG plans for them in a few up and coming quilts..........

Now I have saved my favorite thrifty find for last, it isn't actually vintage it is a reproduction but it is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it awesome???  Now the best part about all of these great thrifty finds is all of them together only cost me $26.00.  I think I just got the thrifty boost I needed!!!  What great things have you found out on your thrifty excursions lately??? 

Happy Thrifting!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that fish print is just too cute and I adore that lamp! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found an adorable beaded shrug and embroidered peasant blouse for my daughter's Renaissance gypsy wear...for 3 dollars....love thrifting!

    Can't wait to see what you do with these lovely linens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words on my blog. Yes, I did quilt small circles in the sashing of the quilt. As for starching, some people swear by it, I happened to have some mixed up for something else, so I tried it for the quilt. Since it was a thinner fabric, it worked well.
    Oh, and great sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog's name are my two favorite words :o)

    Great job on the "mother load". I know exactly what you mean about having one bad day then making the score.

    Found you through Boost My Blog, I am your newest follower........can't wait to go through your posts.

    Just today I scored on a brand new 3 slot picture frame/cell phone charging dock. I'm paid $3.50 for it, sweet huh.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...