Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Brrrr it's cold (Quilt #2 is finally finished)

to all my blog friends!!  I am so happy to say that even though it is 16 degrees (which is actually 8 degrees higher than we started) here today I had a very productive day. I feel I should tell you that I am not a cold weather person, there is a reason I have stayed in West Texas instead of moving to a colder place, but enough of that.  I finished Quilt #2!!!
I am so happy and so proud it turned out great!!!

There is just something about finishing a project that you know you put a lot of time and effort into and knowing that it will actually be used and around for years to come!!!

I have to say that this quilt was a learning experience and much different in the piecing together process than my rag quilt.  There are a lot of things that I will do differently next time, but I wouldn't change how I did this or how I put it together because I think it has a sort of charm to it.  Like I mentioned in my previous post about this quilt, the seams are not lined up and there is no color or pattern scheme because I used scraps.  I can't wait to start on quilt #3.  Oh and before I show you the beauty it's self, I must give credit where credit is due!!  My wonderful honey volunteered was asked to be my quilt holder while I took photos.  Thank you honey you are the best!!!  Now onto show and tell, aren't you excited or is it just me?


He wouldn't let me take a photo of his face, but I did manage to get his legs in the picture so that counts for something.


All those bright squares were just what I needed to get over these cold weather blues!!

I kept the quilting simple because I need to work on my basting a little bit more.  I tried a mini quilt I guess you could call it (as practice) and the back kept wrinkling up and bunching all over the place so I will try something different on my next quilt.


Some up close and personal photos of the quilting on the top of the quilt.  I couldn't be happier!!!

Now onto a little sharing just because I want to and because it was one of those moments I will hold onto forever as a mommy.  This evening when I was cooking dinner my oldest son asked me if he could help, I don't usually let him help me alot in the kitchen because I am so afraid he will get hurt.  But tonight I gave in because the times that he has helped me cook dinner he has been so excited and talked about it for days.  I guess I am not the only person that realized this was one of those special moments because my honey actually took some photos of us cooking together.  Now I don't know about yall, but as the mommy I'm usually the one taking photos of all those priceless moments and it's not very often that I'm in any of those photos.  Which is why these will be cherished FOREVER!!!



This has been a very long and picture heavy post so I guess I will call it quits for now, but I hope you and your family stay nice and warm tonight because..............

1 comment:

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...