Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Frog Prince

Good Morning everyone!!! I hope you're having a great Wednesday morning!!

I haven't quite got the tutorial for the hooded bath towel finished yet, but I'm working on it I swear. Yesterday was a very busy day I substituted for the 4 year old class at one of our local churches from 9am-2pm and then it was off to the Post Office, the grocery store, the school and then on to cooking dinner so needless to say I didn't get it finished yet. I must say, it is amazing how tiresome it is to be in a very tiny room with 11 4 year olds for 5 hours. I wanted to crawl back into bed when I got home!! I honestly do not know how teachers can do it all day long.


Well I digress.........

I have several nieces and nephews, but only 2 of my nieces and 1 of my nephews actually live here in the same town as us so I get to see them more often. My oldest niece that lives here will be turning 7 in August and even typing this now I think back to the morning she was born. I had been at the hospital all night long and had to take finals at college the next day, at the exact time I was sitting down to take my test I recieved a call letting me know that she decided to make her grand entrance. She was so beautiful and at the time I was lucky enough to live right next to her mom and dad. I was single at the time and a big chunk of my money was spent on my new beautiful niece she was my pride and joy!!! Well she's not so little anymore, she is a beautiful 1st grader and sharper than a tack. She is the spitting image of her beautiful mommy!! I bet you're wondering where I am going with this... right? Well, kids can be very curel and they are!!! Lilly-Beth (that is not her real name but that is what we call her) is a very stout little girl and she is bigger than most of the kids in her class (mind you her mommy is almost 6ft tall) and they pick on her pretty often, she doesn't get invited to stay the night with friends and the other things kids do.
Her mom called me a few weeks ago and wanted to put together a tea party for the kids so Lilly could have a fun day, so we've been planning a grand tea party fit for a princess. I've decided to make crowns out of scrap pieces of material I have lying around and some fabirc bunting to match. The crowns are what I want to share with you today. What do yall think?
The orange and white crown is not lop-sided like it looks in the photo. I free hand drew the patern for the crowns so they are both a little different. The orange one actually seems to be a little bit bigger thann the other one. The elastic is upcycled from 2 pairs of old pajama pants that my boys grew out of.


These are just photos of the details on the crowns. I had a lot of fun decorating these and there is a plan to make several more over the weekend :)

Incase yall are wondering why it's Mr. Frog modeling these little princess crowns, it's because my honey didn't want me to take photos of the boys in the crowns. He let them wear them long enough for me to make sure they would fit little heads as well as they fit big people heads but when I went for the camera he screached asked me nicely to not take photos of his boys in princess crowns. So I had to find a model and Mr. Frog politely volunteered. Thank you Mr. Frog.

I tried the crowns on and they fit me pretty comfortably too so I think these will be perfect for our little tea party. This will be my very first tea party EVER!!! We have several weeks to get this all put together because we are waiting til Spring Break so that it can be more fun (Middle of March). Have you ever thrown a tea party for a little girl? Do you have any other suggestions so that we can make this even more perfect? If you do please let me know I would love to hear your ideas!! So until next time............

Happy Crafting!!!



Check out my parties tab to see what parties I'm linking to,  along with these extras

Show and Tell Green   

3 comments:

  1. AAAhhh! I love both the tea party and the crown idea! I want to surprise my nieces with this now- I'll have to keep it a secret until I'm finished since I procrastinate hahaha!
    What a fun blog!
    Meri
    merigoesround.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...