What you need:
1. Styrofoam wreath for (mine came from dollar tree $1)
2. Masking tape (helps keep the thumbtacks in place already had)
3. Nikel plated flat head thumbtacks (I used about 600 for about $2 from the dollar store)
4. Ribbon ( I already had some so this was free)
1. First of all you need to wrap you wreath with the masking tape. I suggest doing this so that your tacks stay in place better, because if you don't the taks will start to fall out because they break the foam down and it starts to crumple. If you choose to skip this step go straight to #2.
2. Next you're going to start pushing your tacks into the wreath form, make sure to overlapp them so that all of your masking tape (or wreath form if you choose to not wrap) are covered completely with the tacks. I chose to go in a slanted pattern to cover my wreath. I only pushed the tacks into the top half and left the back half plain. Your wreath will be kinda heavy when you have finished pushing in the tacks.
Oh and this is a lengthy process so I would do it in a few sessions so that your fingers aren't killing you. I did complete mine in one afternoon over the weekend when I didn't have kiddos.
4. Now you can use anything to embelish your wreath, I used ribbon and wrapped it around my wreath and tacked the starting end and the ending end to the back of the tack with 2 tacks, then I cut about a 6" piece of ribbon to create a hanger and I also tacked it to the back of the wreath. I used several tacks to hold it in place. It's been hanging on my wall for several days and we haven't had any problems with it so it holds just fine.
|This is what the 2 ends look like after wrapping |
them around the wreath.
|This is what the hanger looks like.|
And finally hang it on your door or somewhere in your home!!! The best part is that it can be taken completly apart and re-used. You can use the tacks, ribbon and wreath form over and over again in many different projects!!! I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial it was exciting for me to finally post my first very own tutorial!!!