Wednesday, March 16, 2011

She's a one of a kind!!

Good morning everyone!!!  I hope the sun is shining bright where ever you are today!!  We took our boys to the park last night and they got to throw the baseball with daddy and my oldest son Landon actually hit it with the baseball bat about 8 times.  I WAS SO SO PROUD!!!  Having boys is so much fun!!  Sometimes the urge sneaks up on me to want a little girl, and that's when I make things for my nieces :)

Yesterday I kept my nephew (he is right between my boys age wise) for a little bit while his sisters went to get their hair cut and while they were gone, I got busy!!!  I have a huge stash of vintage sheets and pillow cases and I promised my honey that by this summer my stash of pillow cases would start to fade :(  I have so many that they don't all fit in one closet anymore (I know, this screams HOARDER right).  I don't have a great explanation for this other than they are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!  Well enough with the rambling.........

While they were gone I decided I would try to make a pillow case dress for my youngest niece.  It was so simple, ok let me tell you this way.  Their appointment was at 3 o'clock and they were back by 3:30 and it was done and ready for her to try on when she got here!!  I was so proud of myself!!  When they got here I showed it to her she was so excited to try it, a matter of fact she didn't even want to take it off.  She so got her way too!!!

Let me tell you a little something about Ms. Samantha before I show you her picture.  She is a one of a kind little girl.  She will dress herself and she wears her boots with EVERYTHING!!!  I told her that she looked like a bohemian princess in her dress and her brown boots.  She is so photogenic, as soon as I told her I wanted to take her photo she was all smiles.


See, doesn't she look like a bohemian princess with her brown boots on?  I didn't get any close-ups because as soon as she put it on she never took it off!!  It made me so happy to see her loving it!!!


And of course she had to spin in it!!  Do you see that smile, makes Aunt Alley's heart melt!!

So until next time.......

Happy Crafting!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a cutie! The addition of the flower on the shoulder is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great, easy project! She's adorable in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was fast! I'd love to see more vintage sheet projects, since I have a bit of a collection, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie pie :o)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...